Migrant farm worker justice in Canada
Books and Book Chapters
- Choudry, A., & Smith, A. (Eds.). (2016). Unfree Labour?: Struggles of Migrant and Immigrant Workers in Canada. PM Press.
- Binford, L. (2013). Tomorrow we’re all going to the harvest: Temporary foreign worker programs and neoliberal political economy. University of Texas Press
- McLaughlin, J., & Hennebry, J. (2013). Pathways to Precarity: Structural Vulnerabilities and Lived Consequences for Migrant Farmworkers in Canada. In L. Goldring & P. Landolt (Eds.), Producing and negotiating non-citizenship: Precarious legal status in Canada (pp. 175-194). University of Toronto Press.
- Lenard, P. T., & Straehle, C. (2012). Legislated inequality: temporary labour migration in Canada. McGill-Queen’s Press.
- Preibisch, K., and Encalada, E. (2011). Re-examining the Social Relations of the Canadian ‘Family Farm’: Migrant Women Farm Workers in Rural Canada. In Pini, Barbara and Leach, Belinda (eds.) Reshaping Gender and Class in Rural Spaces (pp. 91-112). Ashgate Publishing.
- Ramsaroop, C., & Wolk, K. (2009). Can we achieve racial equality in the food security movement? In C. Palassio & A. Wilcox (Eds.), The edible city: Toronto’s food from farm to fork (pp. 252–263). Coach House Books.
- Pietropaolo, V. (2009). Harvest pilgrims: Mexican and Caribbean migrant farm workers in Canada. Between the Lines.
- Bauder, H. (2006). Offshore Labor in Ontario. In Labor movement: How migration regulates labor markets (pp. 155-198). Oxford University Press.
- Basok, T. (2002). Tortillas and tomatoes: Transmigrant Mexican harvesters in Canada. McGill-Queen’s Press.
- Satzewich, V. (1991). Racism and the incorporation of foreign labour: Farm labor migration to Canada since 1945. Routledge.
- Canada’s Choice: Decent Work or Entrenched Exploitation for Canada’s Migrant Workers? (Metcalf Foundation, 2016)
- The Status of Migrant Farm Workers in Canada (UFCW & AWA, 2015)
- Citizenship and Precarious Labour in Canadian Agriculture (CCPA, 2015)
- The Migrant Farmworker Health Journey; Key Issues & Recommendations for Canada’s TFWP; Background on Health and Safety for Migrant Farmworkers in Canada (IMRC, 2010, 2011, 2014)
- Profiting from the Precarious: How Recruitment Practices Exploit Migrant Workers (Metcalf Foundation, 2014)
- Migrant Workers – Provincial and Federal Report Cards (CCR, 2013)
- Permanently Temporary? Agricultural Migrant Workers and Their Integration in Canada (IRPP, 2012)
- Made in Canada: How the Law Constructs Migrant Worker Insecurity (Metcalf Foundation, 2012)
- Vulnerabilities of Female Migrant Farm Workers from Latin America and the Caribbean in Canada (FOCAL, 2011)
- Cultivating Farmworker Rights: Ending the Exploitation of Immigrant and Migrant Farmworkers in BC (CCPA, 2008)
- Justice for Migrant Farm Workers: Reflections on the Importance of Community Organising (Socialist Project, 2009)
Documentaries and Photography
- Migrant Dreams [78 min.]
- After Work [Photo Essay from Leamington, Ontario]
- Temporary Uprooting: Seasonal Life [7 min.]
- Matices: “Temporary” Migration in Canada [53 min.]
- Teo in Toronto [4 min.]
- El Contrato [51 min.]
Migrant Worker Rights Organizations in Canada
- Agriculture Workers Alliance
- BC Employment Standards Coalition
- Caregivers’ Action Centre
- Coalition for Migrant Worker Rights Canada
- Fuerza Puwersa Migrant Solidarity
- Migrante Canada
- Migrant Workers Alliance for Change
- Migrant Worker Health
- Migrant Workers Rights
- No One is Illegal
- Radical Action with Migrants in Agriculture
- Workers’ Action Centre (Toronto)